Campaign to Reclaim Bangalore's Commons
- Road Widening FAQ - Common questions about road widening answered.
- Workshop on July 4th, 2009: "What's Happening in Bangalore? Meeting the challenge of Protecting Lives, Livelihoods, Public spaces and Our Commons!" Download invitation. Read report.
- Padayatra by Citizens in Protest of Metro Rail Construction Plans in South Bangalore - Sunday Apr 26, 10:30 am Lalbagh West Gate (view poster) (download PDF of poster: English - 109 KB, Kannada - 95 KB)
- Support an Appeal to Stop, Consult and Redesign Bangalore Metro - 23 April 2009
- Report on the Heritage Walk organised on 08 February 2009, by Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritagev (INTACH)-Bangalore Chapter in collaboration with Environment Support Group (ESG) and The Avenue Road Commercial Association (TARCA). (Download PDF - 61.2 KB)
- Report on the Cycle Inclusive Workshop organised on 31st January 2009, by Bangalore Metropolitan Land Transport Authority (BMLTA), EMBARQ, Interface for Cycling Expertise (I-CE), City Connect and RideACycle Foundation (RAC-F). (Download PDF - 84.7 KB)
- Report on the November 29th, 2008 "Campaign to Reclaim Bengaluru." PDF file.
- Flyer (PDF file) for and call to join the Namma Raste protest on November 29th, 2008 at Town Hall.
- Namma Raste newsletter, including a report on November 9th's walk and press clippings of the same. (November 10th, 2008) Download PDF
- Report of the workshop held on July 19th, 2008 entitled "Namma Raste: Reclaiming Bangalore's roads." (Download PDF - 1.48 MB) Open letter to take the intiative forward. (PDF - 490 KB)
- Report of the Public Consultation on Road Widening - Dec 20th 2007. Download the PDF
- Letter to the BMP Comissioner regarding tree felling; April 11, 2005
- Petition to the Governor and CM; April 2005
- Response of the BMRCL regarding tree felling permission - November 19th, 2008
- Representation to the Urban Ministry, requesting that it look into the impacts of road widening - March 20th, 2008
- Representation to the administrator of the BBMP, requesting that Hasire Usiru be involved with the BMLTA - March 19th, 2008
- Representation to the Commissioner of Urban Land Transport - March 18th, 2008
ESG is an independent not-for-profit organisation that promotes the cause of environmental and social justice through research, documentation, advocacy, training and campaign support. We aim to support the rights of local communities and voiceless ecosystems in a responsible, progressive manner that keeps contextual complexities in mind.