Campaign to Reclaim Bangalore's Commons
- Draft Amendments proposed to the Karnataka Preservation of Trees Act, 1976 - Exemption of species (JPEG - 79 KB) and Memorandum opposing these amendments (PDF - 87 KB) - 21 May 2010.
- W.P. No. 13241/2009 - PIL submitted by ESG and others regarding the construction of the metro through Lalbagh - 19 May 2009 (MS Word - 326 KB)
- PIL filed by Mr. Mahavir Ranka and others, challenging the ordinance issued by the Govt. of Karnataka allocating 1135 m2 of land in Lalbagh for a Metro station - May 2009 (MS Word - 190 KB)
- High Court Order W.P. No. 7107/2008 (rar file - 204 KB) Order passed by the High Court - 16 March, 2009. (Scanned images of the same: page 1, page 2, page 3)
- Lok Adalat Order W.P.No.7107/2008 - Order passed by the Lok Adalat regarding the felling of trees on Sheshadri Road (zipped file - 464 KB) - January 6th, 2009
- Order passed by the Lok Adalat directing the Empowered Committee to hear the pending applications of petitioners (zipped file - 102 KB) - 19th November, 2008
- Interim Order of the Hon'ble High Court of Karnataka in PIL (WP 7107/2008), consituting an Empowered Committee - June 28th, 2008. Kannada translation.
- PIL submitted to the Karnataka High Court against road widening projects in Bangalore - May, 2008
- Order of the High Court of Karnataka (zipped file - 522 KB) in the case filed in the Karnataka High Court by ESG - December 2nd, 2005
- Submission of the BBMP to the Empowered Committee - December 10, 2008
- Empowered committee meeting minutes from July to September, 2008.
- Collection of the ESG's submissions to the Empowered Committee and the Empowered Committee's responses.
- BBMP Order constituting the Empowered Committee - July 8, 2008
ESG is an independent not-for-profit organisation that promotes the cause of environmental and social justice through research, documentation, advocacy, training and campaign support. We aim to support the rights of local communities and voiceless ecosystems in a responsible, progressive manner that keeps contextual complexities in mind.