Campaign to Reclaim Bangalore's Commons
- Enthusiastic Response to State Wide protests against Regressive Amendment to the Karnataka Tree Preservation Act - Forest Department Unlikely to proceed with the amendment - 22 May 2010. (download PDF - 691 KB)
- Stop Regressive Amendments to the Karnataka Tree Preservation Act - State wide protest on Friday, 21 May 2010, 4-5 pm - 21 May 2010.
- Stop Work and Review Bangalore Metro Design and Safety Aspects - 5 August 2009. (download in MS Word - 89 KB)
- BBMP Administrator, Commissioner and Tree Officer (Bangalore North) make mockery of High Court directions and the Public - Tree Officer approves tree felling at CNR Rao circle within 48 hours of public notice - 27 May, 2009.
- Constitutional Anarchy supports Metro Implementation - 21 May 2009. (download in MS Word - 54 KB) (download with annexures - 2 MB)
- An Update on the PIL against the alignment of Bangalore Metro through Lalbagh and Lakshman Rao boulevard - 19 May 2009
- Hundreds gather to protest Metro through Lakshman Rao boulevard and Lalbagh - 9 May, 2009 (download PDF - 59 KB)
- Karnataka High Court stays tree felling in Lalbagh and Lakshman Rao boulevard for Bangalore Metro - 7 May, 2009 (download PDF - 70 KB)
- Police Offer Protection to Bangalore Metro's encroachment of Lalbagh - 6 May, 2009 (download PDF - 36 KB)
- No tree felling in Lalbagh till Metro proves its activities are legal - 5 May, 2009 (download PDF - 57 KB)
- Bangalore Metro being built by Bonded Children - 28 April, 2009 (download PDF - 35.9 KB)
- Stop, Consult, Redesign "Nimma Metro" - 24 April, 2009 (download PDF - 44 KB)
- If Metro Cannot go Zig-Zag, then stop implementing the Zig-Zag alignment through Lalbagh and Lakshman Rao Parks - 19 April, 2009 (download MS Word document - 49 KB)
- Is the BBMP Commissioner above the law? GKVK Agricultural Campus at risk of destruction merely for a road - 10 April, 2009. (download PDF - 50 KB) (download pictures - .rar file, 5.3 MB)
- High Court directs Bangalore Road Widening to strictly comply with Town and Country Planning Act - 2 April, 2009. (Download PDF - 52 KB)
- Karnataka High Court directs BBMP to widen roads in strict accordance with Karnataka Town and Country Planning Act - 16 March, 2009. (Download PDF - 17 KB)
- Lok Adalat asks Empowered Committee to open its doors to All - 21st November, 2008. Download PDF. See the order.
- The Walk to Reclaim Bengaluru - 9th November, 2008. Download PDF.
- Namma Raste Mobilisation Release - 8th November, 2008. Download PDF.
- Hopes Dashed as High Court Appointed Committee to review Road Widening turns people-unfriendly (PDF document) - 19th Sep 2008
- High Court of Karnataka constitutes a Committee to review Road Widening Schemes of Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike - 9th July 2008. Kannada Version.
- Karnataka High Court admits PIL against Road Widening Projects in Bangalore - May 30th 2008 - Download the PDF
- BMP Commissioner withdraws tree felling order following citizen protests late into Tuesday - April 20, 2005; released by ESG on behalf of Hasire Usiru
- Put an end to the Chop! Chop! Chop! More than 70 healthy trees illegally felled by BMP - April 19, 2005; released by Hasire Usiru
- Trees and Parks: We must decide their future - Deccan Herald, 4 May 2009
- "Hasiru Usiru for Garden City" - The Deccan Herald, 10 November 2008
- "Citizens bemoan the state of Garden City" - The Times of India, 10 November 2008
- "Bangaloreans protest to save city's green cover" - NDTV, 10 November 2008
- "For a greener and more organised Bangalore" - The Hindu, 10 November 2008
- "Bangalore citizens walk for better roads and greenery" - Express Buzz, 9 November 2008
ESG is an independent not-for-profit organisation that promotes the cause of environmental and social justice through research, documentation, advocacy, training and campaign support. We aim to support the rights of local communities and voiceless ecosystems in a responsible, progressive manner that keeps contextual complexities in mind.