Campaign against Lake Privatisation in Bangalore
- Sep 2009
- A public workshop on "Urban Lakes as Ecological, Cultural and Public Spaces" was held on 26th September 2009 at Lalbagh Gardens.
- Aug 2009
- ESG's PIL (PDF - 194 KB) challenging lake privatisation was heard on 11 August 2009.
- Nov 2008
- The High Court passed an interim order (zip file - 164 KB) restricting lake privatisation on 4 November 2008. Read note on the interim order.
- Oct 2008
- Download the Independent Report On Status of Lakes in Bangalore Under Lake Development Authority (MS Word - 3.57 MB), published by ESG in October 2008.
- Jun 2008
- Press release on Fantastic Response to Human Chain against Privatisation of Lakes (PDF - 82KB) at Agara Lake - 22 June 2008
- Jan 2008
- ESG filed a PIL (PDF - 194 KB) against the Lake Development Authority challenging lake privatisation in January 2008. Also see an article on the PIL against lake privatisation in Bangalore, (MS Word - 33 KB) by Gitanjali Mahanti.
ESG is an independent not-for-profit organisation that promotes the cause of environmental and social justice through research, documentation, advocacy, training and campaign support. We aim to support the rights of local communities and voiceless ecosystems in a responsible, progressive manner that keeps contextual complexities in mind.