ESG has worked with a wide range of organisations and coalitions at the local, regional, national and international levels in a variety of collaborations. An illustrative list includes:
At the National level: Involving and supporting campaigns of various coalitions and associations against environmental destruction and social injustice including Conservation and Livelihoods Network, the Right to Information network, and various Ministries of the Government.
At the regional level: With National Law School of India University, Bangalore, Karnataka Dept. of Ecology and Environment, Indo-Norwegian Environment Programme and various local governments.
At the local community level: Supporting Public Campaigns and Public Interest Litigations of Janajagriti Samithi of Nandikur (Udupi Dt.), Vimana Nildhana Vistharana Virodhi Samithi of Bajpe (Mangalore), Save Kudremukh from Mining Campaign (Chickamagalur Dt.), Parisara Samrakshana Samithi (Sirsi), Save Cubbon Park Campaign (Bangalore), Save Arkavathy Campaign (Bangalore), Shambavi River Protection Committee (Karkala), amongst others.
At the International Level:
- Issue/Theme: Empowering Solid Waste Workers in Developing a Sustainable Strategy for Municipal Solid Waste Management
- Nature of Involvement: The Human Health and Well-being Division of UNEP supported ESG's initial work with solid waste workers in Bangalore. This project has since been supported by the Indo Norwegian Environment Programme, and the Project has expanded its scope of implementation across other cities in Karnataka. Click here to read more about this initiative.
- Issue/Theme: Integrating Environmental Considerations in Economic Policy Decision Making
- Nature of Involvement: ESG conducted a detailed study on the theme for UNESCAP's Development Research and Policy Analysis Division with an in-depth analysis of the industrial and infrastructure developments in a case study district: the environmentally sensitive coastal Dakshina Kannada district of Karnataka.
- Issue/Theme: Community Access in Raichur
- Nature of Involvement: ESG is project coordinator and non-local government partner with Raichur Municipal Council in the highly underdeveloped district of North Karnataka. ESG has successfully facilitated Raichur's bid for a grant under the Asia Urbs Programme of the European Commission for a comprehensive development planning process in Raichur entitled Community Access. Click here to read about this initiative.
- Issue/Theme: Environmental Law Training
- Nature of Involvement: ESG has collaborated with the Environmental Law Institute, Washington DC, USA and Karnataka Judicial Academy in conducting a workshop on "Judicial Enforcement of Environmental Law in Karnataka". Click here to read about this initiative.
- Issue/Theme: Information and Communication Technology
- Nature of Involvement: ESG has facilitated One World's website design and development training programmes for NGO's and community organisations. Click here to read about this initiative.
- Issue/Theme: International NGO Campaign to improve accountability of Export Credit Agencies (ECA)
- Nature of Involvement: ESG is a participant in the International ECA Reform Campaign, and a signatory to the Jakarta Declaration.
- Issue/Theme: Campaign to end mining in Kudremukh
- Nature of Involvement: ESG has networked with Friends of the Earth - Japan in campaigning against Japanese involvement in mining iron ore in the ecologically fragile Kudremukh forests in the Western Ghats. Click here to read about this campaign.
- Issue/Theme: 4th World Social Forum in India
- Nature of Involvement: ESG is involved in facilitating the process towards organising the 4th World Social Forum in India.
- Issue/Theme: Networking Indians internationally to support environmental and social campaigns and development initiatives.
- Nature of Involvement: AID supports ESG in its campaigns and several AID volunteers frequently work with ESG both in India and abroad.
- Issue/Theme: "Cities of the 21st Century"
- Nature of Involvement: ESG facilitates the undergraduate Study Abroad Programme of IHP on urban studies by conducting a month long experiential education programme in several cities of South India. Click here to read more about this initiative.